June 12, 2020 Whispering Pines Planned Reopening
- On June 4, the state of Colorado finalized guidelines for houses of worship that included an indoor capacity of up to 50 people per room or outdoor gatherings (up to local capacity levels. Below are WPC’s specific plans to follow those guidelines.
- Worship service: We are planning on holding an outdoor service at Whispering Pines Church at 10:30AM (until fellowship hall is open and we can stream there simultaneously), sanitized chairs will be provided or you can bring your own camping chair. We are encouraging 6ft of distance between family groups. We will also live stream the service for the vulnerable/those that don’t feel comfortable. Communion will be offered with prepackaged elements. The offering plate will be in the back during service (rather than being passed) and giving still available online. Fellowship will be encouraged to happen outside in a well-ventilated area.
- Masks: Wearing a mask is a good idea if possible. We recommend wearing a cloth mask, but people are also welcome to wear an N95 mask (both will be available at the entrance). The leadership team will be wearing masks (unless speaking or singing upfront). We ask that those attending do not judge those who wear a mask and those who do not.
- Facilities: We will be deep cleaning the facilities weekly and sanitizer and masks will be available at entrance.
- Children’s ministry: We will provide worksheets related to the sermon for children and open up the playground to be used with parental supervision.
- Small groups/adult studies: We are encouraging small groups to meet. If somebody in the group does not feel comfortable, we can try to bring them in via Google Meet or Zoom.
- Fellowship: No snacks or drinks offered at first. Then, we will transition to using prepackaged items.
**Let us know if you get tested and have COVID-19. For the safety of others, we need to know. We will not share your name. We’re doing this out of an abundance of caution.**
- Timeline still unknown
- Vulnerable individuals can go out but practice social distancing and minimize exposure. The church can operate under limited physical distancing protocols.
- Worship service: Worship service will resume as normal, but with higher standards of sanitation.
- Children’s ministry: Our children’s ministry will resume as normal, but with higher standards of sanitation.
- Facilities: We will continue to deep clean weekly and have sanitizer and masks available at the entrance.
- Fellowship: Drinks or snacks will be offered, but with much attention to sanitation.
March 19, 2020, Statement from Whispering Pines Church’s Elders
We’ve been continuing to monitor the dynamically changing situation with coronavirus. Yesterday, the Colorado government put into effect a statewide ban of 10 or more people for the next 30 days. In light of this, we have decided to take our services online for at least the next 30 days. This weekend, we will send out a message that will be intended to help us to worship together Sunday morning (albeit in our respective homes). And, we are working on creative ways for us to stay connected during the week (stay tuned for more information). In the meantime, we encourage you to reach out to others in the Whispering Pines’ body and see how they are doing.
And, please continue to pray for the situation. Pray for healing of those who are affected, for protection and peace for those living in anxiety, and for government agencies and healthcare professionals who are hard at work in prevention and care. Pray for us, your elders, as we navigate this situation. And, most importantly, pray for more people to come to Christ during this situation.
One way that we can show Christ’s love to our neighbors at this time is to reach out to them, see how they are doing and see if they need anything (food, household supplies, and most importantly prayer). The Pastor’s Pantry will continue to be open to help meet the needs of those in our community.
May God’s peace and love flood your heart as you press into Him. As Jesus said in John 16:33: “In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”